Monday, 17 February 2014

Guilty Pleasure, Vintage Treasure!

I really don't know what is up with me and writing about the bathroom, but I'm just not feeling it and putting together a post is taking an age!  Odd, as it does look fantastic (even if I do say so myself) and is the most finished room in the house.  I'll get there at some stage, so keep your eyes peeled for when the mood strikes me!

This weekend has been a bit of a bust, the DIY gods have been against us two weekends in a row!  Last week the DIY place was closed due to flooding, and this week the gas guzzling 4x4 (that the lengths of crown moulding, picture rail and skirting fit into) died!  To add insult to injury, this is right after its very expensive annual service that was done on Thursday / Friday!  

Basically, my entire Saturday was wasted faffing about, talking to the garage and the recovery service, and the car insurer, several times each, and then driving a gazillion mile round trip following the husband in the broken car to get it back to the garage and then drive him home!

Now, onto business, and instead of sharing my undying love for the husband, and the nice evening we had on Valentines day, I am going to share my love of second hand furniture.  

This is the last vintage haul that I scored at the end of summer.  I am currently on a charity shop hiatus as I have so much stuff already waiting to be refinished and no time to get it done, that if I brought any more home I would officially be the crazy hoarder lady, plus my parents would not be best pleased as most of my stuff is cluttering up their garage.

Behold my absolute bestest most favourite thing I have found so far…a mid-century teak and glass drinks trolley!  Again, this isn't styled at all, hence the thermostat, a candlestick I found on sale at the supermarket, and the Christmas reindeer that still needs to go in the loft.  I basically dumped all our booze on there that didn't have a home since we sold our sideboard a few months back and called it a day!


Bar Cart, Drinks Trolley, vintage, mid-century modern bar cart
Is it cocktail hour?  Yes, always!

Eventually, it will look like some of these, as I plan to channel Mad Men with vintage soda syphons and martini glasses!  I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, I was going to go bold with the colour, but it is pretty good condition, so I might just rub it down and put some teak oil on it, as it matches my vintage mid-century coffee table which is also teak.  

Next up is another wardrobe for the master, I managed to find one already, but I needed another one for the second alcove!  I plan to tie it in to the other one I have with paint and matching knobs on both.  it's a bit sad to look at in the below shot which I took in the charity shop.  


vintage wardrobe, mid-century modern wardrobe
Let's hope I can take this from drab to fab!


The damage for both items….a very thrifty £85, £60 for the wardrobe and £25 for the bar cart….Score!

Now, it's just a case of finding some time to get some of this stuff renovated and put into the house, freeing up some much needed room for more finds.  Exciting!  


2 comments:

  1. The little cart is gorgeous, please don't paint it! There is nothing more fun than finding great furniture for cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's like being hooked on a very addictive drug!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...